Councillors: Steve Davis (Green), Jamie Lloyd (Green), Sarah Nield (Green)
One way streets needing contraflow: Peacock Lane
Requests for change:
- Better protection of cyclists using the A23 (NCN 20) cycle route. Review all the junctions with side roads with a view to restricting turns by motor vehicles that are endangering north and southbound cyclists.
- Ensure Ditchling Road cycle facility kept free of parked vehicles
- Cycle route from Preston Park along Surrenden Road to Varndean college
- Cycle route Tongdean lane?
- Dyke Road cycle facility is constantly obstructed by parked cars and the advisory lanes are far too narrow, particularly at the northern end (Dyke Road Avenue – Withdean Ward).
- Re-design of Dyke Road – Dyke Road Avenue cycle facility and extend across the double roundabout junction with the A2083 (King George VI avenue) and the A27.
- Ensure safer connections for cyclists at all arms of the A27 roundabouts. Need Dutch style design.
- Ensure speed reduction on Mill Road (National Speed Limit at present for most of it) and greater safety & priority for cyclists using tunnel and following NCN20. (With Patcham Ward).
- Solution for Peacock Lane/A23 junction, the site of increased risk for cyclists as eastbound traffic cuts across the A23 cycle lane into Peacock Lane with inadequate observation. Consider closing it to motor vehicles.