Join us for a short, refreshing “Space for Cycling” ride during the Labour Party Conference in Brighton on Monday 25th September at 6.30 pm.
We are organising the event in collaboration with Cycling UK, the national cycling charity.
It’s not party political, but we do want to ensure that cycling is on everyone’s political agenda!
We are inviting Labour Party delegates, Brighton and Hove City Councillors and MPs from every party to join us.
The details are on Facebook and below:
Meet opposite the Brighton Hilton Metropole Hotel on the seafront cycle track on Monday 25th September at 6.30 pm.
- Andy McDonald (Shadow Secretary of State for Transport) – Confirmed
- Andy Burnham (Mayor of Greater Manchester) – Invited
- Labour members of the All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group
- Cycling UK representatives
- Bricycles representatives
- More TBC
We will have photos and a short ride to Hove and back so that we can achieve maximum participation without interrupting anyone’s conference programme!
Space for Cycling encourages the politicians (of whatever persuasion) to make cycle-friendly decisions i.e. plan, invest, build high quality cycling infrastructure.