Does your councillor support Space for Cycling? Check this out in the countrywide map at http://bit.ly/RQ2QI3 Click on your area to see who is in support.
We are calling on all Brighton and Hove City Councillors and prospective councillors to support this campaign. Councils can improve the quality of life for all, by making our streets and roads safer and more inviting for everyone to cycle with these measures:
- Protected space on main roads and at junctions
- Removal of through motor traffic on residential streets.
- Lower speed limits. 20mph in villages and built-up areas. 40mph or lower on rural lanes.
- Cycle-friendly town centres with people prioritised over motor traffic to create high streets that are economically viable and socially vibrant.
- Routes through green spaces and parks
- Safe routes to schools